Perl Data Language
Scientific computing with Perl
- PDL-2.013 has been released to CPAN. As always, please report problems or bring questions to the PDL Mailing Lists.
- PDL::FFTW is now fully deprecated and is replaced by a POD-only stub PDL::FFTW 2.024
- PDL-2.012 has been released to CPAN. It supercedes the PDL-2.011 release.
- ExtUtils:F77 1.18 has been released to CPAN.
- PDL::LinearAlgebra 0.12 has been released to CPAN.
- PDL::IO::HDF5 0.73 has been released to CPAN.
- PDL-2.011 has been released to CPAN. It supercedes the PDL-2.008 release.
- Effective immediately, the perldl and pdl-porters mailings lists are being rehosted as pdl-general and as pdl-devel respectively. Please enroll in the follow-on lists as soon as possible via the links provided.
- Statistics::NiceR and Data::Frame have been been released to CPAN providing powerful tools to work with R from perl
- OpenGL-0.6704 released to CPAN.
- Gimp-Perl v2.31 has been released to CPAN
- PDL-IO-HDF5 v0.6501 has been released to CPAN with new features and better build support. Feedback welcome!
- DKOGAN/PDL-FFTW3-0.02.2_01.tar.gz has been released to CPAN with improved support for unaligned data. Feedback is welcome, especially for the case of threaded computations of float data.
- PDL-LinearAlgebra-0.08 has been released with build support for PDL-2.007 and the new 64bit index type.
- PDL-Stats-0.6.5 has been released with build support for PDL-2.007.
- PDL-2.007 with partial 64bit index support has been released to CPAN.
PDL ("Perl Data Language") gives standard Perl the ability to compactly store and speedily manipulate the large N-dimensional data arrays which are the bread and butter of scientific computing.
PDL turns Perl into a free, array-oriented, numerical language similar to (but, we believe, better than) such commercial packages as IDL and MatLab. One can write simple perl expressions to manipulate entire numerical arrays all at once. Simple interactive shells, pdl2 and perldl, are provided for use from the command line along with the PDL module for use in Perl scripts.